SUMMER GRANT OPPORTUNITY
Looking for a Summer Reading Solution?
- A minimum of 20 participating students is required.
- Grant applications must be received by March 16, 2018
- Matching grants will be made in the form of RIF book allocations to grantees to support Summer Success programming.
- Grantees will be invoiced for the local portion of matching funds* at $25 per student, upon signature of a grant award letter.
Please contact LiteracyNetwork@rif.org for information or any questions.
Centered around motivating children to read, Summer Success provides:
- summer books for students to choose and own — 6 books per student, 120 books total!
- 20 high-quality classroom books
- enriching STEAM-themed classroom activities for each of the 20 classroom books
- professional development for teachers and facilitators
- parent engagement resources
- tote bag and student summer journal for each child
Applications due by March 16, 2018
Please access this google form link to submit your application:
Research indicates that 80% of students in need experience summer learning loss each year. Read for Success, tested over two years among 33,000 students from 16 states, reversed this trend and in fact, 57% of the participating students saw gains in reading proficiency when tested from spring to fall.
*Your local matching funds can be provided from federal or state funds like Title I or 21st Century Community Learning Centers, a local business supporter, or, a civic organization in the community.
For more information, please contact:
MPollard Educational Solutions
Cell: (916) 799-8703
Fax: (916) 685-4907